Visualizzazione risultati 1 fino 4 di 4

Discussione: Michael Moore

L'avatar di mgs
    mgs
    mgs non è connesso Utente storico

Predefinito

Alla faccia della liberta' di espressione!

Disney blocca documentario anti-Bush - stampa

Wed May 5, 2004 8:37 AM LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Un documentario del premio Oscar Michael Moore sui legami tra il presidente degli Stati Uniti George W. Bush e alcune potenti famiglie saudite, tra cui quella di Osama Bin Laden, sta provocando polemiche ancora prima di uscire. Anche sulla sua stessa distribuzione.

Il giornale commerciale di Hollywood Daily Variety scrive nella sua edizione odierna che la Walt Disney si è mossa per impedire che la Miramax Films, che da essa dipende, distribuisca "Fahrenheit 911".

L'editto di Disney potrebbe scatenare la più cruenta battaglia finora mai combattuta tra l'irascibile co-presidente di Miramax Harevy Weinstein e l'amministratore delegato di Disney Michael Eisner, che supervisionò l'acquisto di Miramax un decennio fa, scrive il Daily Variety.

"Fahrenheit 911", il sequel del film vincitore del premio Oscar "Bowling For Columbine", è ancora previsto in anteprima a Festival cinematografico di Cannes, in Francia alla fine del mese. Secondo alcuni voci il film dovrebbe uscire in luglio in Stati Uniti e Canada, ma il film non compare nei listini estivi della Miramax, dice il giornale.

Un portavoce della Miramax ha detto al Daily Variety che la compagnia "è impaziente di risolvere (la questione) amichevolmente".

Rappresentanti delle due società non sono stati direttamente raggiungibili per un commento.
    FONTE

Miei commenti? avete visto il film/documentario precedente?

Ho visto uno poi uno spezzone (in americano) scaricto col mulo (e non vi sto dicendo di scaricarlo nache voi!) Dove Michael Moore dove gli veniva chiesto consa ne pensava dei dvd masterizzati e del filesharing.... lui dice di eserne felice, che cosi' le sue opere ed i suoi messeaggi arrivano di + allo spettatore...
    Chiaramente resta illegale... certo lui non vi denuncera' ma... ma magari qualcuno dei suoi produttori si!

Cmq vi consiglio di procurarvi Bowling For Colombine come potete! (e si intenda NON con metodi illegali!) non so se lo affittano in videoteca... io la prima volta l'ho visto al cinema con un progetto scolastico.... poi vabbe'...

a chi vuole arrivare il messaggio arrivera'.. l'importante e' che lo vediate!

Per chi non conosce questo regista... si faccia una capatina sul suo sito: CLICk

ps
    altri link
    http://cinema.lospettacolo.it/artico...d&id=32738
    http://www.socialpress.it/breve.php3?id_breve=210
    http://www.prensalatina.com.mx/artic...mp;language=IT
    http://www.kataweb.it/cinema/detail_...Content=271460

Saluti

• Il 95% delle risposte che volete avere si trova sul regolamento
    del Forum o su quello di AV. •
    Al restante 5% troverete risposta se ci pensate su solo 2 minuti.

L'avatar di mgs
    mgs

Predefinito

dalla newsletter:
    Citazione Originalmente inviato da Michael Moore
    Disney Has Blocked the Distribution of My New Film... by Michael Moore

May 5, 2004

Friends,

I would have hoped by now that I would be able to put my work out to the public without having to experience the profound censorship obstacles I often seem to encounter.

Yesterday I was told that Disney, the studio that owns Miramax, has officially decided to prohibit our producer, Miramax, from distributing my new film, "Fahrenheit 911." The reason? According to today's (May 5) New York Times, it might "endanger" millions of dollars of tax breaks Disney receives from the state of Florida because the film will "anger" the Governor of Florida, Jeb Bush. The story is on page one of the Times and you can read it here (Disney Forbidding Distribution of Film That Criticizes Bush).

The whole story behind this (and other attempts) to kill our movie will be told in more detail as the days and weeks go on. For nearly a year, this struggle has been a lesson in just how difficult it is in this country to create a piece of art that might upset those in charge (well, OK, sorry -- it WILL upset them...big time. Did I mention it's a comedy?). All I can say is, thank God for Harvey Weinstein and Miramax who have stood by me during the entire production of this movie.

There is much more to tell, but right now I am in the lab working on the print to take to the Cannes Film Festival next week (we have been chosen as one of the 18 films in competition). I will tell you this: Some people may be afraid of this movie because of what it will show. But there's nothing they can do about it now because it's done, it's awesome, and if I have anything to say about it, you'll see it this summer -- because, after all, it is a free country.

Yours,

Michael Moore
    mmflint@aol.com
    www.michaelmoore.com
    e poi:
    Citazione Originalmente inviato da Michael Moore
    Friends,

Below you will find today's New York Times Editorial. Please pass it around.

Thanks for all of your letters of support. No news to report today, hopefully tomorrow.

Yours,

Michael Moore
    www.michaelmoore.com

May 6, 2004 – Editorial, New York Times

Disney's Craven Behavior

Give the Walt Disney Company a gold medal for cowardice for blocking its Miramax division from distributing a film that criticizes President Bush and his family. A company that ought to be championing free expression has instead chosen to censor a documentary that clearly falls within the bounds of acceptable political commentary.

The documentary was prepared by Michael Moore, a controversial filmmaker who likes to skewer the rich and powerful. As described by Jim Rutenberg yesterday in The Times, the film, "Fahrenheit 9/11," links the Bush family with prominent Saudis, including the family of Osama bin Laden. It describes financial ties that go back three decades and explores the role of the government in evacuating relatives of Mr. bin Laden from the United States shortly after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. The film was financed by Miramax and was expected to be released this summer.

Mr. Moore's agent said that Michael Eisner, Disney's chief executive, had expressed concern that the film might jeopardize tax breaks granted to Disney for its theme park, hotels and other ventures in Florida, where Jeb Bush is governor. If that is the reason for Disney's move, it would underscore the dangers of allowing huge conglomerates to gobble up diverse media companies.

On the other hand, a senior Disney executive says the real reason is that Disney caters to families of all political stripes and that many of them might be alienated by the film. Those families, of course, would not have to watch the documentary.

It is hard to say which rationale for blocking distribution is more depressing. But it is clear that Disney loves its bottom line more than the freedom of political discourse.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/05/06/op...partner=GOOGLE

Predefinito

lui è un grande, davvero. e poi, beh, era evidente che con li governanti che ci troviamo lo zittissero in qualche modo.. voce scomoda.. anche se in fin dei conti si limita a mostrare al mondo la vera faccia dell'America.. cmq basta pensare che in Italia ("più grande alleato degli USA", ma fatemi il piacere :? ) continua a succedere la stessa cosa, specie in Rai (non a caso la Annunziata se ne è andata), e se non è regime mediatico questo..

L'avatar di mgs
    mgs

Predefinito

diciamo che e' il Beppe Grillo americano, Solo che fino a poche setitmane fa lo han fatto parlare.... in Italia Grillo lo han bloccato decisamente prima...